Phone: 917.817.8839 email: OhanaHealthAdvocacy@gmail.com
Health & Patient Advocacy
... for the Heart of the Family
OHANA Health & Patient Advocacy specializes in:
* Medical billing and claims reconciliation.
* Long term care insurance coordination.
* Track paperwork and records.
* Social Security disability filing assistance.
* Help with filing insurance claims, dispute denials, and manage or reduce your hospital and medical bills.
* Helping families find special services in eldercare, in-home care, physical therapy, and more.
OHANA can also help you find other services provided by independent health and patient advocates, such as:
* Accompany you to medical appointments or stay by your bedside in the hospital.
* Help you learn more about your medical condition and treatment options.
* Review your prescriptions and medications to be sure there are no conflicts.
* Help you maintain a healthy pregnancy and raise healthy babies by working with a midwife, doula or lactation specialist.
* Teach you pain management techniques.
* Help you develop your end-of-life planning and paperwork like living wills, DNRs or other advance directives.
* Help your family come to agreement on decisions that need to be made for a loved one who needs health-related assistance.
* Find legal assistance after a medical error.
If you need assistance in any other area not listed here, please feel free to call for possible referrals.
American Cancer Society - www.cancer.org
American Diabetes Association - www.diabetes.org
American Heart Association - www.heart.org
Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) - www.alfa.org
Autism Society - www.autism-society.org
Medicare - www.medicare.gov
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging - www.n4a.org
National Long Term Care Ombudsman Resource Center - www.ltcombudsman.org
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network -www.pancan.org